POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Need models of "humans" : Re: Need models of "humans" Server Time
2 Sep 2024 14:20:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Need models of "humans"
From: Tom Melly
Date: 9 Feb 2001 05:02:10
Message: <3a83c022$1@news.povray.org>
"James" <nos### [at] nowherecom> wrote in message

> Now I'm downloading Poser 3 from your link - I might be breaking the law!
> What was the name of the magazine, and the issue number so I can buy a
copy?

> Just so I can sleep at night......

What's life without a little moral dilemma? Needless to say, I would not
encourage anyone to download this copy of poser for anything other than
hobby-use (btw, there is a patch avail. for poser 3 at
http://www.curiouslabs.com/downloads/index.html - I'm not sure what it does,
but it certainly doesn't do any harm).

I'm not sure that mags do pay for the apps on cover disks - I thought that
it was the software co. keen to encourage use of the app. in order to
increase sales of latest versions - hence my personal lack of moral qualms.
But I could be wrong. Certainly I would not post software that had not been
offered for free at some point.

I'm fairly sure that the mag was 3dworld (www.3dworldmag.com), but I'll
double check tonight and let you know if different.